ZOOM MEETING LINK / RECORDING
Community Advisory Board Members:
John Bailey, Tom Bunger, Joan Curts, Mark Edwards, Sally Gaskill, Cullen McCarty, Martha Nice, Lynn Schwartzberg
Laura Baich, Mary Ducette, Brad Kimmel, Brent Molnar, Amy O’Shaughnessy, Joan Padawan, Marianne Woodruff
Roll Call – Brent Molnar
Please Welcome Amy O’Shaughnessy
Amy O’Shaughnessy is our new Director of Development, and will oversee Membership, Corporate Development, and Major Gifts.
From Brad, “Her experience in public media development along with her talent and passion for fundraising will be a good fit for RTVS and the IU Foundation. We believe she will be able to lead the formation of the development unit through her vision, strategy, and teamwork!”
Amy’s Contact Information:
Nicole Bolden Stepping Down
“With deep regret, I am resigning from the WTIU Community Advisory Board. I have enjoyed working with you and everyone else on the team. I wish you all the best.”
WTIU Strategic Planning and CAB Recruitment Strategy
Strategic Planning Timeline
- March 18, 2022 – units will firm up and review Goals, Strengths, Objectives and Tactics, including timelines, resources and expenses associated with each.
- March 28, 2022 - Leadership Team will review GSOT plans and build consensus on collaborative efforts.
- April 29, 2022 – A consolidated plan and corresponding budget will be approved by Brad.
The Community Advisory Board will play a key role in shaping WTIU’s Community Engagement and Outreach plans over the next year. As underserved communities and their needs are identified, the CAB can help us to build relationships with new partners, whose voices will improve WTIU’s ability to leverage its resources in the most effective ways possible.
As part of the process, we will also take a fresh look untapped skillsets and resources WTIU CAB members may be willing to offer. This could also help us to identify any areas of expertise we are lacking and provide guidance for recruitment of new CAB members with expertise that complements our existing board.
Local Specials/PBS Sizzle Spot
Hoosier Way: Trails of Indiana
Scenic, winding trails embody the Midwestern experience - a wandering, laid-back mix of curious adventure-seeking and complacent contentment. In Indiana, trails aren’t simply a practical means for reaching a destination. Here, the journey is the destination. It’s the Hoosier way.
Premiere: Monday, March 28 at 8pm
Encores Sunday, March 6 at 10am
Thursday, March 10 at 8pm
PBS 2022 Spring Sizzle
Journey Indiana from Above
A scenic look at the Hoosier State’s landmarks, points of interest, and history - coming summer 2022.
WTIU 2021 Content and Service Report
Sent file with minutes.
2022 APTS Public Media Summit
America’s Public Television Stations (APTS) Public Media Summit was held Monday, February 28 and Tuesday, March 1, 2022.
The APTS Public Media Summit was a great chance to get inside information about what stations around the country are doing to serve the public. This info comes in handy when speaking with stakeholders.
Those who are planning to advocate for public broadcasting this month should try to attend a practice session on Tuesday, March 8 at 3:30pm. Lynn, Pamela and Martha should have received a calendar invite already. A ZOOM link is forthcoming.
Help us recruit diverse and quality candidates!
Search for “Radio-Television” or “WTIU” or “WFIU”
- Member Services Coordinator (Stewardship Coordinator)
- Payroll & HR Coordinator (Payroll Coordinator)
- Digital News Journalist (Multimedia Journalist)
- Broadcast Production Engineer (Broadcast Technician)
- Lighting & Staging Manager (Technical Director)
- Producer/Director (Multimedia Producer)
- Broadcast Audio Specialist (Audio/Video Technician)
- Part-Time WFIU/WTIU News Producer/Journalist
- Part-Time News Videographer
- DevOps Systems Administrator
- Broadcast Video Engineer (Broadcast Technician)
- Broadcast Technician Engineer (Broadcast Technician)
- Broadcast Operations Coordinator (Broadcast Technician)
Future WTIU CAB Meetings
- June 2, 2022
- September 1, 2022
- December, 1, 2022
NOTES FROM MEETING CHAT:
12:22:46 From Martha Nice to Brent Molnar, WTIU(Direct Message):
Might ask Nicole for a recommendation for replacement
12:23:33 From Brent Molnar, WTIU to Martha Nice(Direct Message):
12:43:37 From Laura Baich to Everyone:
also can go to wtiu.org/jobs
Lyn and Martha shared their takeaways from the APTS Public Media Summit.
There was discussion about acollaboration between the WTIU-WFIU Community Advisory Boards. Our organization’s leadership will discuss and see if we can identify a date when both boards can meet. Monday, April 4th could be an option. Thursday, June 2nd was also mentioned.